Comments

1. Pamela says

I love, love, love your meal plans and your follow up about what you really ate. I’m a little sad that every time a blogger I really like and follow starts writing books or taking on projects, we get pretend plans. I hope you bring back the real ones!

LOL, this is a real plan Pamela! We’ll actually be following a lot of it, just not every single meal and not in it’s EXACT order. This should just be a summer break, until I can finish up this fun little project I have for you guys!

2. Tasha says

Yay! SO happy to see a meal plan for June!! :D These are so incredibly helpful! New recipies, different ways to meal plan….LOVE IT!

LOL – I love your enthusiasm Tasha! It totally brightened my afternoon. You’re most welcome!

Tiffany, you are totally inspiring me with this meal plan! I have fallen a bit off the planning wagon and need to get back into it. I hope you guys like the Thai Chicken Satay Salad as much as we do :)

4. Sarah says

I just found your site and meal plan and am very excited about the potential, but I have a couple questions. Do you spend $330 for all groceries the whole month, including breakfast, lunch and snacks? Also, where do you get your meat to make it so affordable? Sorry if these questions are answered in a previous post… I’ve been on the real food track for a couple years now and am constantly battling with budget, currently spending over $600 a month (for four mouths) and that’s with lots of planning and trying to be frugal. If I could even get my grocery budget close to $500 following your plans I would be ecstatic.

Hi Sarah! I’m glad you’ve found Crumbs!

Yes, we spend $330 for one entire month that includes ALL food and toiletries as well. Most often, I buy two whole chickens from Costco and steaks from a local supermarket. Currently, we have steaks in the freezer leftover from a bulk beef purchase at Costco a couple months ago. If you see salmon, we got that from a local fisherman who works w/my husband.

I think $500 is attainable, especially if you’ve already got the planning part down! Welcome again Sarah, I look forward to seeing more of you!! :)

5. Beth says

I’ve really been enjoying your meal plans as well! You’ve got some great recipes and I’ve added several to our regular rotation!

• Beth says

Oh, I was going to ask you, what kind of camping food do you eat? I try to upgrade when/where I can, but it’s still tough. Especially when we go camping with friends their kids are chowing on junk 24/7.

LOL, we ate A LOT of bacon, lol! This was a vacation for us, so we splurged on that, but there was very little junk. Bacon, biscuits and fresh fruit for breakfast; PB sandwich, apple, raisins & pretzels for lunch; Grilled steak/chicken, campfire potatoes, pepper/onion packets and corn on the cob for dinner. We made s’mores each night, but that was about the extent of bad food. I hope to outline this a bit more next week too. :)

6. Cassie Webster says

You have really inspired me! I am working towards 2 things-buying real food only and stretching my budget and here I find you blog?! Must be a sign! :D My weekly budget is $300 for a family of 6. I KNOW i can do it if you can do it, and with your help-you have found a new “like” on facebook! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Don’t you just love when that happens? ;) Welcome to Crumbs Cassie, I’m glad you’ve found us! Cheers to real food on a budget – a journey together! :)

7. Kellie says

Do you happen do have a grocery list to go with this? It seems like there are quite a lot of meals involving chicken, how do the 2 chickens get divided?

Hi Kellie! I don’t, but here’s how I would divide the chicken:
      slow cooker salsa chicken – 2 legs
      chicken verde ench casserole – 1/2 portion from cooking carcass in slow cooker
      thai chicken satay salad – 1 breast
      chopped asian chicken salad – 1 breast
      chicken parm pasta – 1 breast
      fried chicken – 2 legs, split
      lemon feta ckn – 1 breast
      ckn bacon avocado salad – other 1/2 portion from cooking carcass in slow cooker

This will put you short just one breast, but I had an extra in the freezer from last month. You can substitute something else of the same portion for the general tso’s dish. :)