Comments

1. Tara H says

Hmm…I must be honest and say that my favorite ingredient is the chocolate chips! :)

I’m already subscribed to your blog but somehow missed the download with the 22 Days to a Fresh Start. I’d love to have that info in one convenient place!

2. Linda in Oregon says

Oh my, I didn’t realize how much protein we were eating in our nuts. Mixed in a huge mixing bowl, 2 cups each of soaked walnuts, almonds, cashews (yes, my fav), pistachios, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, Brazil nuts, only a few $$ macadamias, and raisins, then stored in the freezer. A two cup serving bowl is always on the counter for the munchies. We are munching way too much of these to say nothing about the calories and fat! Too much of a good thing. Thanks for the wake-up! ;) (I don’t dare put chocolate in this.)

Your munchie bowl sounds delicious Linda, and it’s obviously addicting enough without chocolate! Remember that despite calories & fat, it’s the GOOD fat. Much better to eat those nuts than icky veg oil. :) ~Tiffany

3. Leona Davison says

Thanks Tiff. You have a lot of great ideas. And you put in a lot of time keeping us informed. How do you do it and work outside the home too?

I really like Kirkland Fruits and Nuts. I often put a handful of this mix on my cereal. On our middle kitchen counter we have containers of walnuts, pecans, peanuts, sunflower seeds and often pistachios. Plus a container of raisins. I plan on purchasing a variety of dried fruits too.

Leona,

I don’t teach anymore… at least not in a formal classroom. I research some things for my own family, so I’m able to pull double duty for writing too. The kids really like the cherry/mango mix from Costco. :) ~Tiffany

I agree completely about the cashews and chocolate chips! This looks like a great mix, and I love the idea of individual portions! Maybe someday I’ll be that organized. :)

Individual portions was a necessity at the time Joanna – if I made a big container, there really wouldn’t be any left! Our grocery budget isn’t big enough to warrant a few containers of nuts each month, so we had to portion it out. Doing it in containers first and THEN pouring into the baggies was a learned experience though. That route was much faster than trying to pour 1 Tbsp scoops into baggies that weren’t staying open on their own. ;) ~Tiffany

That sounds like a very healthy and easy snack. I am trying to go gluten-free for my daughter, whom I suspect has a gluten-intolerance, so this may be a great snack for her. She also has tree-nut allergies, so I may omit the almonds and cashews, but the combo of everything else sounds great!

Thanks for sharing on Natural Living Monday!

Trackbacks