Comments

1. Tara says

So excited you are doing this! I have been reading your blog for a few months now and really enjoy it. Three of my goals for the new year are to work on getting more organized/efficient in the kitchen, consistently meal plan and cut out ingredients that aren’t great for my family. Thanks for these challenges, I am looking forward to them!

Thanks for joining Tara! I think you’ll find just what you’re looking for to help you accomplish your goals. :)

2. Alison says

Just finished today’s task – and it didn’t even take very long! I feel much more organized (and cleaner) already!

3. Cathie says

Excellent. I will get on this as soon as I get home from work. I had to get real with my jar situation over the last few days. I have gravitated towards my favorites, and others were just taking up space, so into the recycling bin they went. I have to admit, it felt really good. (And I still have more than enough jars!)

4. Amy says

I really enjoy reading your posts. I love the list you made- I’m glad you included it. I think I will follow along and complete these tasks! I need a little focus in the kitchen right now. I’m tired of the junky food in our lives from the holidays. I already dumped the cookie plates(they were stale anyways!) Off to clean the fridge!

5. RJ says

I found that when switching to real foods my fridge stays clean. The food in their cycles out within a week, by the time the weekend comes it is pretty empty.

6. Heather says

I am so doing this tomorrow. When I went to make dinner tonight I found a questionable eggplant hiding out in the back of the fridge. To late tonight but the kids are all home to help tomorrow. I was very excited to see the menu plan on the list. No matter how hard I try I can’t get the hang of that. Ugh. That is one thing to work on this year.

I definitely feel the purge. I have been cooking more simple vegetarian meals lately and trying to finish up foods in the freezer and pantry. Thanks for your great recommendation.

It is my deep freeze I am cleaning out — have collected on-sale meats for so long it is time to make what I have rather than buy more. What a great, encouraging list to get things on the right track. Thanks for sharing on Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

This is a great idea, to address one task a day to help yourself get organised. It’s definitely an excellent way to start off the year.

Cleaning out the fridge is one of the tasks I always enjoy (strangely enough!). I try to do it at least once a month (depending on our travel schedule sometimes it happens more often). It really helps me to stay organised and not over-buy.

Thank you for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop!

10. Tasha says

I just found your site and I am loving everything I have read so far! I may not be able to keep up with one/day with my weird working hours and shifts, but I have big plans for my days off now. I am just starting to switch things to a healthier way for my family. We have had a few bumps along the way–homemade peanut butter traumatized them this morning, “it’s bumpy Mommy!” and “I’m just going to lick Nana’s jelly off it.” Sigh. Oh well. One change at a time, right? lol. Thanks for the blog and I look forward to reading much more.

Aw, that comment from your child just makes me want to give you a big hug! Yes, one step at a time. There will be things that we’ll want to stand up and fight for, and then things that just aren’t worth the effort. Maybe peanut butter falls into the latter category. :) I look forward to seeing more of you Tasha!

11. Emily says

I clicked the box to download the PDF, and it directed me to subscribe to the email list, which I did. But then after I confirmed my subscription through the email, it just sent me back to the website. How do I download the PDF? Thanks!

• Emily says

oops! never mind :) just got the second email with the download link. thanks so much, looking forward to journeying through this, even if I am getting a late start :)

12. Lynn says

I also clicked on the graphic for download and was directed to the subscribe page but I am already a subscriber. There was no way to go beyond that page. Where do I go from there?

• says

Hi Lynn,

I am currently out of town and don’t have access to this file, but if you’d like, I can email it to you when I return!! Either reply to this comment, or send me an email if this is what you’d like me to do: tiffany (at) dontwastethecrumbs (dot) com