Comments

1. Beth says

I just made this into rolls for Thanksgiving! But I ran out of rosemary so I added some garlic, thyme, and basil. It smells so good :)

2. Jennifer says

Have you tried this with whole wheat flour? Just wondering how it wood turn out because I love rosemary olive oil bread, but we try to avoid white flour.

3. Grace D says

I used half whole wheat and half unbleached. And broke the rule to let it cool all the way before cutting. :)

LOL, that’s a hard rule to follow, isn’t it Grace! Letting it cool does help the bread to keep it “together” longer, and easier to slice, but that first warm piece hot out of the oven? oh my…

4. samantha says

This bread is so good! I left out the sugar and the rosemary, because I didnt have any, and it turned out perfect! It was easy and delicious! I will keep this recipe forever! Thank you!

5. Trish says

Why is it necessary to pop the air out during the second knead?

Love your site and love this recipe. I haven’t bought sliced bread since I first started making this recipe.

Hi Trish! Kneading the dough helps to activate the gluten, and eliminating the air bubbles means less holes in the final bread. You want a good rise during backing, but air bubbles will deflate under the crust after cooling, causing huge dents in the bread. If that doesn’t happen, then when you cut into the bread, you’ll have big holes, lol. Thank you for the kind words! This is one of our favorite recipes too. :)

I know I haven’t personally Jennifer, but most bread recipes are adaptable to machines by following the typical manufacturer directions. Just remember that this recipe makes 2 loaves. Please come back and let us know how it turns out!

Trackbacks

1. […] Stir-fry with Asparagus // Popped Amaranth Peanut Butter Cups {I left out the powdered sugar} // Rosemary Olive Oil Bread // Peach Rosemary Crisp {I left out rosemary and used some honey, not agave} // Spinach Artichoke […]