Comments

1. Kathy says

I too have made this salad. Even my son who dislikes veggies will eat this. My recipe also calls for shredded cheddar cheese. This is a fav at our house.

I have two versions of broccoli salad because I actually love them! Yours is similar to what I have, and I love the sweetness of it (the raisins or fruits). I almost feel guilty for thinking that the salad is “healthy” because of all the mayo and bacon. But then I tell myself, “It’s broccoli!” and add some more ;)

The sweetness is what drew me in. I ran out of mayo making this, which mean I have to make my own now. Maybe that will make it feel “healthier” too? LOL!

I love broccoli salad! I always use pine nuts but I’ll try it with the sunflower seeds. That sounds really good too. Thanks for linking up. Have a great week.

I’ve never tried it with pine nuts, but that sounds good. Those tend to be insanely expensive here (near $20/lb), so sunflower seeds are much more economical at only $1.99/lb. And at the rate this salad disappears, frugal is best!

Hi Tiffany,
    I just love this salad with all these awesome ingredients! Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

5. Lamchops says

Oh you have entered the world of cole-slaw dressed salads. Welcome because you will never go back! Broccoli-Bacon salad is a family favorite for us. Our recipe has less ingredients. Check it out at http://www.whatsinthatdish.com it has swiss cheese, bacon & broccoli. YUM!

Tiffany,
    This looks amazing! I can’t wait to try the recipe. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful weekend
    Michelle