Comments

We’re getting a Whole Foods here. They are almost finished with construction. I am excited to see what they have and for the competition it provides with our other stores. Competition is good to keep prices down.

Looks like some great buys. Have you ever tried to make kefir?

2. Crystal says

New to your site (2 weeks ago) and so hopped on board with your pantry challenge after spending over $150 (ugh!)last week for a family of 4 and that didn’t include meat (buy a side a beef every 9 months or so). We ordered a side of pork that should be coming in about 2 weeks and so I figure what I’m saving this month will pay for that. Needed butter but noticed my raw milk was really seperating so going to try to make my own that saved.
    Thanks so much for the challenge I’m loving it!
    This week spent $52 for fresh produce and milk.

Welcome Crystal! Glad to see the challenge is working out for you so far. Kinda exciting to see how creative we can be, eh? LOVE the fact that you’re considering making your own butter from your milk. Don’t forget that you’ll get a byproduct of buttermilk too – biscuits, pancakes, bread… more deliciousness to help you through the coming weeks!

3. Ashley says

Just recently started following your blog & loving it so far! Have you looked into reusable produce bags? I have a set, and love them! They’re mesh, so the produce can still breathe. Plus, they’re just the right size so no putting a couple tiny pieces of fruit in a gigantic bag. AND there’s practically nothing wight-wise so no inconveniencing of cashiers. I’ve been known to throw the whole bag in the fridge when I’m in a hurry…no worrying about things going bad in there!

Hi Ashley! Welcome, and thank you! I saw some of those produce bags a while bag and the idea has been lingering in my mind since, but I don’t remember where I saw it and I haven’t had a chance to look around at the options available. Is the mesh plastic or fabric?

4. Leona Davison says

Become a prime member on amazon.com and receive benefits. Recently I purchased the following: Sunflower, Roasted Salted seeds, 16-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6) for $23.13. (Bergin Nut Company) They are delish and a good bargain. We purchase cereals through them too. Always looking for a savings.

Leona

Hi Leona! You should know that I’m a prime member! The math on those sunflower seeds comes out to $3.85 a piece. :( I’ve checked there for prices on sunflower seeds, pepitas and coconut oil and getting those locally always seems to work out better. I ALWAYS get my semolina flour and Cento tomatoes from Amazon though – can’t find a price that low ANYWHERE around here!